Who’s in charge?
Marie McGrath, Office Manager
Celia Ruiz, Account Clerk
Mario De Leon, Account Clerk
Tony Marraccino, Utility Systems Supervisor
Casey Stewart, Utility Systems Operator
Jason Carlile, Utility Systems Operator
Oceano is an independent special district. It is governed by a five-member board, elected by the voters in Oceano and Halcyon. The District’s current board members:
Matthew Guerrero, President
Mary Lucey, Vice President
Lori Angello, Director
Karen White, Director
Jennifer Blackburn, Director
All Board Members welcome your input and questions.
Please feel free to give them a call or email.
The Board is your voice in local government.
Where does our water come from?
Oceano participates in the State Supplemental Water Project and our water is a blend of ground water from wells, surface water from Lopez Reservoir, and State water. Information on Oceano’s water quality can be obtained at any time–feel free to contact the office to request current data.
Where can I get my question answered for SLO County Flooding and Health Advisory?
You can visit the the San Luis Obispo County Health Agency website
or by phone
Rate Increase History and Supporting Documents
- 10/13/2010 Notice of Public Hearing
- TUCKFIELD REVISED DRAFT: Water & Wastewater Rate Study
- 10/20/2010 Agenda Committee of The Whole
- 11/03/2010 Agenda Ad Hoc Committee
- 12/08/2010 Notice of Public Hearing
- English Version: Proposed Water & Wastewater Rate Increase
- 12/17/2010 Notice of Proposed Water & Sewer Rate Increases
- 02/09/2011 Notice of Public Hearing
- 12/29/2010 Notice of Public Hearing
- Espanol Propuesta de Aumento De Tarifas de Agua Y Aguas Residuales
Oceano’s local volunteer groups work hard to improve our community:
Oceano Advisory Committee — (Advisory to 4th District Supervisor, SLO County)
Oceano Women’s Club — Rose Baughman, Contact — 489-7686
Oceano Community Center — Lucia Mar Unified School District
Oceano Depot Association, Glenda Guiton or Linda Austin — 489-5446
Gateway to the Oceano Dunes
Oceano’s Local Government